Meck and Moss Awards
The Alumni Council of Lancaster Theological Seminary awards these special honors annually to graduates of any denomination.
The Meck Award honors the memory of Allan S. Meck, Class of 1911, president of the Seminary from 1947-57. It is presented for distinguished service in the practice of pastoral ministry.
The Moss Award is named for Robert V. Moss, Jr., Class of 1945, president of the Seminary from 1957-69. It is presented for distinguished service in the practice of specialized ministry (e.g., chaplain, administrator, educator, judicatory staff, etc.).
The Alumni Council’s Faithfulness in Ministry Committee will select the recipients of these awards for 2023 from nominations that are submitted/postmarked by January 6, 2023. Nominations may be submitted via electronic form or be mailed to:
Kristin Warner – Award Nominations
Lancaster Theological Seminary
555 West James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
The Faithfulness in Ministry Committee looks at specific criteria for indications of excellence in ministry, including:
• Fostering the vitality of the ministry;
• Exhibiting excellent pastoral presence;
• Demonstrating creativity in ministry;
• Enlisting and nurturing the gifts of others;
• Relating the Gospel to the commonly-shared experiences in the ministry.
Nominations must contain:
(1) the name and address of the nominee;
(2) the particular setting of ministry of the nominee;
(3) at least a sentence or two indicating how the nominee meets the five criteria listed
(4) an indication of how long the nominator has known the nominee and in what
(5) the name, address and contact information of the person submitting the nomination.
If your nominee was not selected previously, please submit a new nomination
since those from prior years are not kept.
Questions may be submitted to Committee Chair, Rev. Len Knighton, at email@example.com or Associate Director of Engagement & Philanthropy, Kristin Warner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Committee depends on you to pass this information to members of churches and agencies and institutions served by graduates of Lancaster Theological Seminary. You are encouraged to copy, post and distribute this notice to others who may be interested in making nominations.