Employment opportunities at Lancaster Theological Seminary
POSITION SUMMARY: Support all aspects of Lancaster Theological Seminary’s administrative, academic, campus, and community operations, including coordination with events, employees, students, and visitors at Lancaster Theological Seminary (LTS). Serve as the primary liaison to the Bethlehem campus for administrative functions. Provide welcome and hospitality to LTS guests and others involved with affiliated programs and events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as main reception for the campus (telephone and mail)
- Support the administrative departments of the Seminary including the offices of the Dean, Development & Alumni Engagement, Business, and Registrar
- Assist with the planning and execution of campus events
- Schedule room use (meetings, events, overnight stays)
- Serve as the liaison with Moravian University and Seminary offices
- Provide support to meetings and committees as necessary, including minutes
- Support organization’s compliance with all pertinent accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Maintain Seminary files on-site and in archives
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by the Associate Dean
- Support and coordinate logistics for LTS staff search committees
- Support annual performance appraisal process
- Always maintain strict confidentiality
QUALIFICATIONS: At least two years college education or previous relevant experience; knowledge of databases; experience in post-secondary or theological education setting desirable. Higher education or nonprofit experience is not required but preferred. Requires strong analytical and organizational skills with a particular attention to detail.
Associate Director of Engagement & Philanthropy
POSITION SUMMARY: Based in Lancaster, PA, and reporting to the Moravian University executive director of alumni & family engagement, the associate director works within a collaborative environment and coordinates initiatives, programs, and events intended to engage alumni with Lancaster Theological Seminary to cultivate and inspire giving. The position also designs, manages, and executes development strategies and programs to maximize philanthropic support for institutional priorities. This position serves on a staff of committed fundraising and engagement professionals and works closely with leadership volunteers, families, and alumni.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the executive director of alumni & family engagement, build a plan for alumni engagement at LTS.
- Work closely with alumni leadership and others across LTS to design special outreach and activities that will increase alumni engagement and align support for annual and strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage major alumni events (LTS Alumni Day) as well as additional programs/events throughout the year to improve engagement and support of alumni.
- Plan and execute on- and off-campus events for alumni of Lancaster Theological Seminary. Oversee event logistics, (including invitation and guest lists), relationship with venues/vendors/caterers or other service providers, and event budgets (including preparation, reconciliation, and processing invoices for payment).
- Create and manage volunteer programs to assist staff with the initiatives and goals of the department including the LTS Alumni Council.
- Via a strong, collaborative partnership with Student Services, develop, execute, and support student-centric engagement events on campus for all class years. This would include senior class events as well as Convocation, Orientation, and Commencement. Be visible and an active supporter of campus community celebrations and recognition activities focused on students.
- Implement immediate and long-range annual giving strategies that will meet or exceed established goals for unrestricted and restricted annual gifts and alumni participation, with an emphasis on Lancaster Theological Seminary, and build a pipeline for future support for the Seminary. Conduct regular, detailed, statistical analysis of annual giving programs and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Conduct outreach to a portfolio of approximately 50 prospects with the specific goals of acquiring, retaining, reactivating, and upgrading their contributions in a timely manner as well as providing engagement opportunities to them.
- Identify, analyze, and qualify donor interest to maximize giving, with an emphasis on moving annual donors to the major gift level.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Alumni & Family Engagement or his/her designee.
Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a support staff position in the Lancaster Seminary office of the Associate Dean. This position reports to the Associate Dean and provides administrative support for all aspects of the Associate Dean’s office. Duties include providing welcome and hospitality to Lancaster Seminary’s guests and others attending academic meetings and events as a representative of the Seminary; answering verbal and written inquiries; processing correspondence; accessing student/faculty/staff databases to retrieve information and print reports pertinent to academic work; maintaining Associate Dean’s office files and calendar; scheduling appointments; assisting with the planning and execution of various events; assisting and collaborating with the Dean’s office in execution of the office events as needed.
Welcome, support, and coordinate on-campus meetings associated with LTS and/or Moravian University and Seminary community and stakeholder engagement, leadership; support faculty meetings and other academic meetings and events related to the Associate Dean’s Office. Support and/or coordinate logistics for Faculty Search Committees, their minutes, their meetings, and any subsequent scheduling of candidate interviews and trips to Lancaster. Organize and support the logistics of the organization’s human resources function for all hiring of academic/faculty positions. In collaboration with the other administrative assistant, support scheduling of interviews with respective departments and leadership.
Assistant Director of Business Development
POSITION SUMMARY: This role is critical to supporting Moravian University’s strategic plan and vision for growth. As a brand ambassador, you will establish relationships in Lancaster County, PA, to create brand awareness, assist enrollment departments to achieve recruiting goals, build relationships and demonstrate the array of possibilities available through a mutual partnership. Expectations include being highly organized, highly motivated, and willing to network extensively with area businesses and organizations.
Be a part of a collaborative team at a growing university that embraces change. Help students further their personal and career goals. Enjoy a hybrid work model and a flexible schedule. Take advantage of tuition benefits for you and your family, liberal paid-time-off, a 403b retirement plan, and a comprehensive medical and dental plan.
Maintenance Technician II
We are accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician II support staff position for our Lancaster Seminary campus.
Job duties include: performing a broad range of skilled maintenance, repair, preventive, and renovation work. This work will be related but not limited to carpentry, painting, masonry, and locksmithing. Additionally, at minimum, a basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems with the ability to perform some repair work in these areas is required. Moreover, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Operations, this person will help ensure our buildings, systems, services, and grounds are maintained and operate efficiently and appropriately.