Affordable, accessible nondegree classes
Our ecumenical nondegree classes are ideal for lay ministers, pastoral leaders, individuals in discernment, and laity serving Christian denominations and independent churches.
Biblical Interpretation 2: 7/11- 8/15
Classes Will Meet Online Tuesdays on July 11, 18, 25; and August 1, 8, 15.
- Tuesday evenings from 7:00-8:30pm ET via Zoom.
- Earn 2.5 CEUs
- Instructor Kelsey Wallace
- REGISTER HERE
NOTE: To pay by check or to make alternative payment arrangements, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like an introduction or a refresher on biblical interpretation? Clergy and laity are invited to join instructor Kelsey Wallace for an introduction to the art and practice of biblical interpretation. We will engage theories and methods drawn from the academic discipline of Biblical Studies, and practice basic interpretive skills. We will consider issues of historical context, translation, literary analysis, and social location. As we survey biblical content, critical methodologies, and genres, we will also reflect on the skills necessary to be a responsible public interpreter of scripture.
Kelsey is an ABD PhD candidate in Bible and Cultures at Drew University and has served as an adjunct instructor at Lancaster Seminary where she received her Master of Divinity in 2017.
The Pennsylvania Academy of Ministry at Lancaster Theological Seminary
Affordable & Accessible
Nondegree classes are ideal for:
- Lay Ministers already pastoring churches
- Pastoral Leaders in part-time or bi-vocational ministries
- Individuals in discernment
- Laity serving Christian denominations and independent churches
In addition to outstanding, relevant classes, you will receive 2.5 Continuing Education Units and a Certificate of Completion for each completed class.
- Convenient online instruction
- Each class provides six weeks of instruction
- $325 per class as part of the Ministerial Institute
Admission Requirements for the Ministerial Institute
- High school diploma or GED
- Personal statement
Apply to the Ministerial Institute
To apply, complete this form and email it to email@example.com or mail it to:
Lancaster Theological Seminary
Pennsylvania Academy of Ministry
555 West James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Ministerial Institute Class Offerings Include:
- Christian Theology
- Biblical Interpretation
- Church History
- Pastoral Care
- Preaching & Worship
- Denominational Polity
- Religious Education
- Spiritual & Personal Development
- Church Administration
- Adaptive Leadership
- Innovation & New Models
- Navigating Congregational Conflict & Crisis
- Financial & Strategic Health