Deepen your practice of ministry with a Doctorate
Lancaster Theological Seminary’s fully accredited, Doctor of Ministry program for religious professionals is designed to help you:
- Grow spiritually
- Lead with inspiration and insight
- Inquire deeply through study and research
- Engage in rich dialogue with renowned faculty and engaged colleagues from many faith traditions.
Earn your Doctorate in 4 years, or choose our accelerated option and graduate in 3 years!
Convenient online learning
Spend 5 days on campus in the fall & spring
Our DMin program:
- Integrates theological reflection with your ongoing practice of ministry;
- Provides opportunities to learn with and from peers;
- Blends on-campus intensive courses one week each semester with convenient online coursework.
Our DMin program offers you a rare and valuable opportunity to engage with others on the big questions:
- What does it mean to be human?
- How wide is God’s mercy?
- What is the nature of power?
- What is needed for human flourishing?
- Master of Divinity degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years in ministry following the degree, or a consistent professional ministry during the 5 years prior to application
- Ongoing practice of ministry
Dynamic, Relevant Electives
- Theological Improv
- Forming Faith in an Internet World
- Living & Dying Well: Ministry with Elders
- What Happens When All Are Welcome?
- Sustaining Spiritual Life in the 21st Century
- Where Theology & Strategic Planning Meet
Exciting Core Courses
- Listening as an Act of Love
- America’s Changing Religious Landscape
- Developing Leaders and Cultivating Partnerships
Earn your DMin in 4 years!
(accelerated option available)