Deepen your practice of ministry with a Doctorate
Lancaster Theological Seminary’s fully accredited, Doctor of Ministry program for religious professionals is designed to help you:
- Grow spiritually
- Lead with inspiration and insight
- Inquire deeply through study and research
- Engage in rich dialogue with renowned faculty and engaged colleagues from many faith traditions.
The Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program is Anne T. Thayer, PhD, Professor of Church History.Ask about scholarships and financial aid.
Earn your Doctorate in 4 years, or choose our accelerated option and graduate in 3 years!
Convenient online learning
Spend 5 days on campus in the fall & spring
Our DMin program:
- Integrates theological reflection with your ongoing practice of ministry;
- Provides opportunities to learn with and from peers;
- Blends on-campus intensive courses one week each semester with convenient online coursework.
Our DMin program offers you a rare and valuable opportunity to engage with others on the big questions:
- What does it mean to be human?
- How wide is God’s mercy?
- What is the nature of power?
- What is needed for human flourishing?
- Master of Divinity degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years in ministry following the degree, or a consistent professional ministry during the 5 years prior to application
- Ongoing practice of ministry
Dynamic, Relevant Electives
- Theological Improv
- Forming Faith in an Internet World
- Living & Dying Well: Ministry with Elders
- What Happens When All Are Welcome?
- Sustaining Spiritual Life in the 21st Century
- Where Theology & Strategic Planning Meet
Exciting Core Courses
- Listening as an Act of Love
- America’s Changing Religious Landscape
- Developing Leaders and Cultivating Partnerships
Earn your DMin in 4 years!
(accelerated option available)