Deepen your practice of ministry with a Doctorate
Lancaster Theological Seminary’s fully accredited, Doctor of Ministry program for religious professionals is designed to help you:
- Grow spiritually
- Lead with inspiration and insight
- Inquire deeply through study and research
- Engage in rich dialogue with renowned faculty and engaged colleagues from many faith traditions.
The Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program is Anne T. Thayer, PhD, Professor of Church History.Ask about scholarships and financial aid.
Earn your Doctorate in 4 years, or choose our accelerated option and graduate in 3 years!
Convenient online learning
Spend 5 days on campus in the fall & spring
Our DMin program:
- Integrates theological reflection with your ongoing practice of ministry;
- Provides opportunities to learn with and from peers;
- Blends convenient online coursework with powerful on-campus intensive courses one week each semester.
Our DMin program offers you a rare and valuable opportunity to engage with others on the big questions:
- What does it mean to be human?
- How wide is God’s mercy?
- What is the nature of power?
- What is needed for human flourishing?
- Accredited Master of Divinity degree, ministry related or religious studies master’s degree
- Significant ministerial experience (usually 3-5 years)
- The ability to thoughtfully interpret scripture and theological tradition
- The ability to articulate a self-understanding of ministerial identity and vocational calling.
Click here for the full description of admission requirements.
- Theological Improv
- Forming Faith in an Internet World
- Grief & Trauma Informed Ministry
- What Happens When All Are Welcome?
- Sustaining Spiritual Life in the 21st Century
- Where Theology & Strategic Planning Meet
- Social Justice & Faith Communities
Exciting Core Courses
- Listening as an Act of Love
- America’s Changing Religious Landscape
- Developing Leaders and Cultivating Partnerships
- Major Project Proposal Preparation
Earn your DMin in 4 years!
(accelerated option available)