Use of items from Special Collections
1. Special Collections items are only accessible when full-time staff is on duty. Access to items will not be available evenings, weekends and on occasions during regular business hours when insufficient full-time staff are present. Prior arrangements are encouraged.
2. Coats, hats, purses, bags, computer cases, and other belongings are to be left at the coat rack or, in the case of valuables, at the Circulation Desk.
3. Laptop computers, digital cameras, pencils, and loose leaf paper only may be taken to a study table while using Special Collections items. Ink of any kind is forbidden. The study table will be assigned to you by library staff.
4. When, using the online catalog, you have identified items you wish to see, you must present a slip of paper listing the call numbers to a member of the full-time staff. Items will be obtained for you, maximum two at a time. All items must be signed out to you for a three-hour period and must be returned to full-time staff when you have completed your research. They are to be used at the assigned study table.
5. Permission must be sought before using a digital camera to make copies. Use of the photocopier is strictly forbidden.
6. Before leaving the Library, all Special Collections items must be personally returned to library staff.