REGISTRATION PREPARATION TIPS FROM DEAN MELLOTT
- Read through the course listings carefully. You’ll notice that some courses are for doctoral students only. You’ll also notice that courses are offered in the January, Spring, and Summer I terms
- Review course patterning suggestions (MDiv and DMin) in the Student Handbook.
- Prepare a plan before you meet with your advisor. Don’t show up at the meeting and ask her or him to tell you what to take. Be realistic about what you can handle during a specific term.
- Use the Registration Planning Worksheet to map out your courses. You can find it on the Registration page of the seminary website.
- Bring a copy of your plan to your advisory meeting.
- Avoid registering for more than 3 credits during the January term. It’s too short to cover more than 3 credits.
- Ask your advisor how s/he wants to arrange an advisory meeting.
- Use your time with your advisor wisely. Provide him or her with important vocational information about yourself that would help her or him to help you.