ATLAS FOR ALUMS - Introduction and Registration Instructions
The ATLAS for Alums database allows you to search for journal articles by subject, author, title and even Scripture passages. It includes the ATLAS full-text collection of more than one hundred and forty major religion and theology journals selected by leading religion scholars, theologians, and clergy. For busy pastoral and lay ministers as well as biblical scholars, this is an indispensable and easy to use resource.
Here are some quick examples of how ATLAS can be used:
For your sermon based on Matthew 5:43-47, go to the ATLAS Search Page under Scripture index, enter Matthew 5 You can click on any one and see the full text of the article. Note: Some journals are inconsistent in how Scripture passages are indexed so do the search again in the Subject index to see if you get more or different items.
If you would like to keep up with the latest scholarship of LTS faculty, Greg Carey for example, type the name in the author line to get a list of articles he has written and reviews of his works.
Your youth group is heading for Guatemala this summer and you would like to read current articles about the state of Christianity in that country. Type Guatemala on the subject line, limit your search by year (try 2010), and get a host of articles.
You can access the ATLAS database by logging in the Alumni/ae section of the LTS website and registering. We hope you find this service beneficial for your ministry and scholarship.
Access to ATLAS is free for LTS Alumni/ae. Here are the steps to get you under way.
- Open an new browser tab or window and go to the LTS homepage at http://www.lancasterseminary.edu/
- In the upper right hand corner of the home page click Register.
- You will be asked for your birth-date, click submit.
- The next screen will ask for more detailed information. Fill out the required fields and create a User Name and Password and then submit.
- This information will be verified by the LTS IT department and the alumni office.
- You will receive a message back from IT, usually in one or two business days, letting you know that you have user status once the alum role is been added to your account.
- Come back to this point, and with your new login username and password, you will be able to proceed.