ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR SUMMER ACADEMY PARTICIPATION
Degree-seeking Lancaster Seminary students may submit requests to receive academic credit for eligible Summer Academy offerings. To earn academic credit, students will be expected to attend every session of the offering and complete supplemental readings and assignments as defined in a syllabus provided by the professor, with final submission of assignments as directed by the professor, but not later than September 1.
How to register for academic credit for eligible Summer Academy Offerings:
- Complete and submit to the registrar the Request for Academic Credit for Summer Academy Offering Form with all required signatures. Deadline for submission of the form is no later than three weeks prior to the first day of the offering.
- Upon receipt of the approved form, register for the offering through SONISWEB as with traditional courses.
How to pay for Academic Credit for eligible Summer Academy Offerings:
- Students approved to register for academic credit for a Summer Academy offering will be charged the regular Lancaster Seminary tuition and fees (Disregard tuition and fees information on Summer Academy web pages.)
- A $50 course fee will be charged for each Summer Academy offering taken for academic credit.
Dropping the offering for academic credit or requesting extension beyond September 1.
- The policy, procedures and deadlines for dropping a Summer Academy offering, including consideration for tuition adjustment, are the same as for regularly-scheduled courses. See the Student Handbook for clarification.
- If the student drops the offering for academic credit, but remains in the class, the student will be charged the Summer Academy Fee for the course by the Continuing Education Department.
Current Eligible Summer Academy Offerings and Descriptions