PROCESS FOR BECOMING A FIELD EDUCATION SUPERVISOR
1. If you are interested in hiring and/or advertising a position, please contact April Bupp at 717-290-8758 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you are interested in supervising a seminarian, please review guidelines on the LTS website at the following link: Field Education Guidelines.
3. After reviewing the guidelines, if your site meets the requirements and is interested in pursuing a supervising relationship with a seminarian, please contact Rachel Gawn, Assistant to Director of Ministerial Formation at 717-290-8723 or email@example.com to provide your contact information. She will pass on your information to Elizabeth Soto, Field Ed Coordinator who will contact you for an interview.
4. Elizabeth Soto and/or David Mellott, Director of Ministerial Formation, will invite you to the seminary for an interview. The potential supervisor and site must provide a letter of good standing from their institution or judicatory.
5. If all parties feel that the partnership is a good fit, Elizabeth Soto will schedule an on-site visit and meeting with the supervisor and where appropriate, the lay committee chairperson.
6. After the on-site visit, the Field Education Office will determine whether the site and supervisor would be a good fit for the Field Education program and will contact the potential supervisor.
7. Before a seminarian can begin his or her placement at the site, the supervisor must participate in the Field Education Supervisor’s Training provided by LTS.